Flourless, sugar-free, dairy-free and full of nuts, fruits, and oatmeal. It’s like a more fun, portable breakfast. Your kids will love these Oatmeal and Nuts Breakfast Muffins
I must tell you that my daughter and I have a bit of an obsession with these Oatmeal and Nuts Breakfast Muffins. I don't like sweets in my breakfast, I'm a savory breakfast kind of gal. But everybody deserves the occasional treat, and this is our preferred one.
These muffins contain no flour (great for celiacs - see notes), no added sugar (for those abstaining from processed sugar), no milk (I used almond "milk"), no eggs (kids can try the raw batter) and it's loaded with fruits and nuts. And of course, oats, which doctors keep telling us are good for us.
Your kids will love these muffins. When we make these I always pack a few in zippy bags and keep in the fridge to add them to my daughter's lunchbox. They never come back uneaten.
Oatmeal and Nuts Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup of instant oatmeal
- 1 cup of almond or soy or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup assorted chopped nuts (see notes)
- 1/2 cup assorted dry fruits (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Heat oven to 300 ºF [150 ºC].
- Mix the oatmeal, soy milk and olive oil.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas.
- Add the bananas to the oatmeal mix.
- Add nuts, dry fruit, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Bake for 30 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and serve.