Does this look like a pasta pie? Yes, it does, but there's more to it than that, and if you love cheese you'll devour this Spaghetti, Tomato and 3 Cheeses Pasta Pie.
This post is sponsored by Sargento®
Did you hear that the Dominican Republic won the World Baseball Classic? No OK, good, let me brag about it.
Baseball is the sport in the Dominican Republic. This was big here, very big, as witnessed by my Twitter and Facebook feeds.
Families organized potlucks to watch the game with Puerto Rico. This became quite the event, because to us Dominican there is no celebration without food. And speaking of celebrating, try this dish. It's perfect for potlucks. I mean, who doesn't love cheese, lots of cheese?
If you absolutely have to have meat in yours, consider adding a layer of pepperoni under the tomato sauce. I served mine with baby spicy greens and purple basil salad from my organic potted garden.
If you follow me on Instagram you'd probably seen all the pictures I have posted of it.
Spaghetti, Tomato and 3 Cheeses Pasta Pie Recipe
- ½ lb [0.48 kg] spaghetti
- 1 ¾ teaspoon of salt , divided
- 2 medium eggs
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil , divided
- 1 ½ cup ricotta Cheese
- 1 ½ cup tomato sauce
- 3 large tomatoes , sliced (¼")
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon of chopped basil
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F [175º].
- Boil pasta softer than al dente, having added 1 ½ teaspoon of salt to the water. Drain liquid.
- Whisk eggs, mix with Parmesan. Add to the pasta and mix well.
- Brush an 12" [30 cm] baking pan with half the olive oil.
- Arrange the pasta in the pan, building up on the edges.
- Fill in with the ricotta cheese.
- Cover the ricotta with the tomato sauce.
- Season the tomatoes with the oregano, basil, pepper and salt.
- Arrange the tomatoes on top of the tomato sauce.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover with the mozzarella and return to the oven until the mozzarella has melted.
- Remove from the oven. Let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve with salad of your choice.
This post has been sponsored by Sargento, but the opinions here are 100% mine and have not been vetted or revised by the sponsor.