This Smoked Salmon and Avocado Mayo Canapes combine two of my favorite foods, a Nordic favorite (salmon) and an American favorite (avocado).
This smoked salmon and avocado mayo canape it's a lot like our family, and combines foods from two opposite points of the planet. But I am of the idea that avocado and salmon go really great together..
I am a huge fan of Nordic fish, they are like the pork of the ocean: fatty, rich, strong flavors.
About this recipe
This quick party treat combines two of my favorite foods: salmon and avocado. A Nordic favorite (salmon) and an American favorite (avocado) in a smoked salmon and avocado mayo canape that will please the pickiest of your guests.
Why didn't I think of that before?
Smoked Salmon and Avocado Mayo Canape Recipe
- 12 slices of bread of your choice, (rustic bread works very well)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of avocado mayo
- 1 cup of mild green leaves, (baby arugula, curly lettuce, watercress or similar)
- 12 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon of caper berries
- 12 small sprigs of dill
- Toasting bread: Brush bread on both sides with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Broil until slightly brown.Cool down bread to room temperature.
- Assembling: Spread a tablespoon of avocado mayo on each. Top with leaves, then with salmon. Garnish with capers and dill.
- Serving: This is best served immediately after preparing. If you want to serve at a later time, toast the bread beforehand, and assemble right before it's time to serve.