Vegan Mayo? Why yes, this eggless mayo made from avocado is easy to make and so very tasty that it’ll win over even the fiercest meat lover.
There is a reason for this recipe for avocado vegan mayo being here: For more than half my life, I was either a vegan or a vegetarian, although I am currently neither. My travails and misadventures inspired me to give my fellow veggie-lovers more options in the kitchen. And if my recipes help a host make a vegan guest feel welcome, my work will have been done.
About this recipe
This will be a time when even the fiercest meat-lover will find no fault in a vegan substitute. It packs the flavor and creaminess of homemade mayonnaise, and the good fat and nutritional benefits of avocado.
[Recipe + Video] Vegan Avocado Mayo
- 2 large avocado, peel and chopped
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar, or ¼ cup of apple vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup avocado oil, (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon of mustard powder, (optional)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Mixing: In the blender vase, combine all the ingredients and blend until the mixture is perfectly smooth.
- Serving and storing: Serve right away as a dip or condiment. Pour into a lidded jar and keep refrigerated (it lasts up to 3 days).
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.