This creamy salmon or tuna caper dip is the perfect accompaniment to saltines, chips, fritters, fries, breadsticks, and other finger foods. Serve also in mini-sandwiches
Finger foods and dips go together like... like, er, two things that go together. Ahem. Today I am kinda blocked, so please bear with me.
I have received many an email asking for recipes for sauces and dips that go with fried finger foods. So, I am going to reveal one of my secret dips to you: this rich, creamy tuna or salmon caper dip, which will have your guests begging you for the recipe in no time at all. Let's get the party started!
How to serve
This substantial and creamy canned salmon dip is perfect with chips, fritters, breadsticks, and other finger foods.
You can use it to make mini-sandwiches, and it could also serve it with your preferred chips.
About this recipe
A long time ago I tried cassava fries served with a sauce that contained radish and capers in some fancy beach club restaurant. So I decided to create my own sauce, it has a few ingredients in common with that sauce (namely capers and radish), but some of the changes give it a very different array of tastes.
I prefer it with canned salmon, and though the tuna and mayo dip is also very good, the salmon dip with mayo will be a bit extra fancy and richer.
This was a hit at home, and I will be serving it often.
[Recipe + Video] Creamy Caper, Mayo and Tuna or Salmon Dip
- 1½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup capers, minced
- ½ small red onion, minced
- 1 cup canned tuna or salmon, (drained of water), shredded
- 2 small radishes, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt, (or more, to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper, (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, or dill (see notes)
- Mixing: In a medium mixing bowl combine mayo, capers, onion, tuna (or salmon), and radish. Mix well.Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving and storing: If it will not be served right away, store covered in the refrigerator. It keeps for 24 hours.Sprinkle with parsley or dill before serving.
Tips and Notes
Nutritional information is calculated automatically based on ingredients listed. Please consult your doctor if you need precise nutritional information.