I love, love these delicious triples (triple-layered mini-sandwiches). They are perfect for parties and get-togethers.
I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that entertaining can sometimes be a stressing proposition: picking the right dishes, food preparation, hiring a brass band… OK, forget about that last one.
But having guests over need not be a big production.
One thing I learned over the years is that, the host(ess) too is supposed to enjoy the occasion — what’s the point if not?
So I have my to-go dishes that are perfect for entertaining: They look refined but with a minimum of effort. Really, look at those cute mini-sandwiches. This doesn’t get any easier.
Make them bigger to keep your hosts from starving while the main course is
burning in the kitchen cooking, or make them into these dainty little towers for a more refined setting. Nobody will notice the humble provenance of the ingredients.
Have fun, relax, you are supposed to invite only friends to your home. Friends help friends clear the table, and won’t complain if the food was
charred slightly overcooked.
Triples are small Triple-layered mini-sandwiches, delicious, refreshing and simple. With this simple recipe takes little time to prepare them, which makes them the perfect choice for host(ess) on the go.
- 12 slices of bread
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Mash the eggs with a fork.
- Chop the onion and the pepper and the tomatoes (get rid of the seeds) into very small cubes.
- Put the onion and the pepper in the hot water for two minutes. Drain all the water.
- Mix the eggs, half a teaspoon of salt, mayonnaise, onion, green pepper, and tomatoes.
- Adjust salt to taste. Reserve.
- Mash the avocados with a fork, but not so much it turns into a paste.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt and the vinegar.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Put two tablespoons of the egg mix on top of a slice of bread,
- Cover with another slice. Put another two teaspoons of the avocado mixture on top of the second bread slice and cover with a third.
- Repeat with the rest of the bread.
- Refrigerate covered with saran wrap for 20 minutes. With a very sharp bread knife cut the sandwiches into 4 triangles or small squares.
- Serve immediately.