September arrived and I breathed a sigh of relief. For a moment there I could feel its absence. I was looking forward to its departure, and excited about its replacement. But then, like a bad guest, it decided to stay a “little” longer. And here we are in mid-september and it hasn’t left us.
Go away, summer!
Lucky I have my own little cure: Paleta morir soñando de chinola (milk & passionfruit popsicle)
Whether or not you are looking forward to autumn depends on where you live. I, for one, will not be sad when 30 degrees Celsius at 8:00 PM becomes a thing of the past. I am looking forward to walking without the feeling that I might have a heat stroke any moment. Life is so, so much better here in the winter and spring.
Alas, summer lingers, like the smell of bad fish.
So…. what to do?
Well, how about more popsicles. This year alone I have posted four recipes for popsicles, if anything, that should be a hint of the kind of temperatures we have endured this year. At least something good came of it. We made practically everything into popsicles.
If you want to see more popsicle recipes that you will love, feel free to do so. And have fun all summer
- 3 cups of skim milk
- 1 cup of passion fruit pulp
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Add sugar to taste to the milk. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Chill the milk and passion pulp fruit in the freezer until it is nearly freezing.
- Mix the milk and passion fruit pulp.
- Pour into the popsicle molds right away, place the stick and freeze.
- Serve when it is frozen hard.